2014 Mercury FourStroke 15 E - 15 in. Shaft
Go anywhere with portable power.
Taking the fun with you is one of the great advantages of owning an inflatable boat or small fishing boat. Mercury offers a complete line of extremely light portable FourStroke outboards, with the widest range of models to choose from. So wherever you and your boat go, your Mercury portable FourStroke can also go. The entire line makes operation and portability easy with smart, simple features. Plus, clean, quiet, fuel-efficient FourStroke performance makes them the obvious power of choice.
Mercury’s 15 and 20 FourStrokes have dual water pickups. So even if you end up in the shallows, your engine will keep its cool and not overheat. The multi-function tiller comes standard with shift, steering, throttle, throttle friction, trim, and stop controls.
- Large Displacement Design: At 21.4 cubic inches, this engine delivers the strong low-end torque needed to get the hull up on plane, with quicker throttle response and acceleration.
- Fingertip Control: Mercury FourStrokes are designed with a boat load of user-friendly features, such as our multifunction tiller handle. This tiller handle gives you easy one-handed operation of shifting, stopping, throttle, throttle friction, and tilt. More control equals better maneuverability.
- Wishbone Mounts: Mercury’s “wishbone” style motor mount system cradles the powerhead and absorbs the torsional rotation of the crankshaft. By isolating and reducing the vibration transmission to your boat, it provides a smooth driving experience.
- Long-Lasting Gearcase: Mercury’s 15hp FourStrokes have dual water pickups. So even if you end up in the shallows, your engine will keep its cool and not overheat.
- HP/kW: 15 / 11.1
- Full throttle RPM: 5000-6000
- Cylinder Configuration: I-2
- Displacement (CID / CC): 21.4 / 351
- Bore and Stroke (in / mm): 2.40 x 2.36 in. (61 x 60mm)
- Fuel Induction System: 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Ignition: CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel System: Carbureted
- Alternator Amp: 12 amp / 138 watt
- Cooling System: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Starting: Electric, Manual
- Gearcase Ratio: 2.15:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Steering: Remote, Tiller
- Trim System: Power Tilt
- Trim Positions: 6 position with shallow water drive
- Exhaust System: Through prop
- Shallow water drive: Yes
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 16
- Recommended Oil: Mercury 4-Stroke Outboard Oil
- Recommended Fuel: 87 octane/up to 10% ethanol
- Remote fuel tank standard (gal / L): 6.6 / 25
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System: Low oil pressure, Over-rev
- Shaft Length: 15 in. (381mm)
- Dry Weight (Lightest model available): 115 lb. / 52 kg
- CARB Star Rating: 3
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.40 x 2.36 in. (61 x 60mm)
- 21.4 cid (351 cc)
- Electric, Manual
- Shaft Length
- 15 in. (381mm)
- 115 lb. (52 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 15 hp (11.1 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.15:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- 12 amp / 138 watt
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Remote, Tiller
- Three-year limited factory-backed warranty